Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lovina

When our plane arrived in Denpasar (Bali) we took a taxi and headed straight to Sanur and stayed at The Ducks Nuts hotel again (for the third time!). We just got settled in and I slept and rested. My fever went away in about a day but I was very hot, achy and had a bad headache during that time. After I was rested up and feeling better we hired a taxi and took the 3 hour drive up to Lovina- a town on the north coast of Bali.
Lovina was a pretty good little town, lots of good, cheap warungs (restaurants) and a nice market. Another one of Lovina's draws is the diving. The diving is also quite cheap and it is pretty good too, as we found out the day after our arrival.
We went on a dive trip to Menjangan Island and I was very surprised by the corals. There were plenty of huge fan corals on both dives. Two dives cost 500,000Rp (about $50) and at Komodo and Alor they were 800,000Rp ($80ish). It definitely wasn't as good as Komodo or Alor but it was very good considering it was Bali-the tourist mecca of Indonesia. And heck, if it's that cheap I don't expect supreme diving!

The next day my mom and I went shopping at the nicely sized market. It wasn't so big that it was overwhelming but it was still big enough to have competitive prices. I bought a cool tye-die sarong and some nice bracelets. My mom however decided to go to town with the bracelets and buy 50 of them...one for each of her coworkers.
That evening we had another amazing meal at Wijayaa Warung. I had more amazing fresh lemon juice and nasi campur (translation: mixed rice). Nasi campur can be anything from chicken, rice and some sambal (fresh chili peppers ground up into sauce) to the extravagant spread I had here.






No comments:

Post a Comment